Want to take part in an unforgettable experience by contributing to the largest annual multi-sport event in Canada? Join the more than 1,300 people by volunteering with Défi sportif AlterGo!
Come encourage and admire the skills of some 7,000 elite and up-and-coming athletes with functional limitations. As a volunteer, you will help them to participate in competitions that meet the highest quality standards.
At Défi sportif AlterGo, the organizing team and athletes’ enthusiasm and perseverance are limitless! Défi sportif AlterGo is an international event that hosts athletes from Quebec and more than 15 countries. They will outdo themselves in all 16 sports on the program. Be a part of our family of volunteers and become the creator of smiles, victories and pride!
The 35th edition of Défi sportif AlterGo will be held from April 23 to 29, 2018. Volunteer duties will extend from April 16th to May 4th inclusively: mark these dates on your calendar! More than 21,000 hours are worked every year by volunteers, whether as hosts, scorer keepers, drivers, guides, timekeepers, photographers or medal ceremonies attendants. People also help as storekeeper or with the set-up and dismantling of the seven competition venues. There is a volunteer position just right for you! Register quickly to get first pick of the position of your choice!
How to Become a volunteer
- First, review the catalogue of volunteer activities.
- You can also refer to the general competition schedule to help you make your choice!
- If you have any questions, read the frequently asked questions.
- You can also contact the volunteer relations coordinator, Andréanne Coutaller (email@example.com or 514 933-2739 ext. 228).
- Then, it’s time to register!
Guide for the perfect volunteer
Once you have registered, review the Volunteer Guide; it was designed especially for you! To learn everything there is to know about the task that awaits you and the event you are about to experience, this document is an indispensable tool. Take the time to read it before showing up for your first task!
Volunteering at Défi sportif AlterGo is about giving, but it is also about sharing intense moments of emotion and pleasure. Our volunteers will enjoy privileges such as:
- Experiencing a sporting event unique throughout the world;
- Contributing to the social inclusion of individuals with functional limitations;
- Attending exciting competitions;
- Trying out adapted sports activities;
- Meeting elite athletes;
- Receiving training;
- And much more!
Défi sportif AlterGo is 35 years of passion, history, emotion and victories. Come and share in the experience!